We are seeking for a highly motivated and passionate Cloud Architect and a Cloud Engineer who can develop the new business demand on our platform. The Cloud Architect is an IT specialist who is responsible for deploying KPMG’s cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. As a Cloud architect you will oversee the application architecture and deployment in cloud environment.
This position demands special competences from the individual employee, who must have a natural tendency to collaborate with customers, members and colleagues to achieve shared professional results, where short-term and long-term customer interest is at the forefront. This requires employees to have a personality which is clearly "actively focused on other people" and who make a careful consideration between risks and results in the performance of work duties with the objective to increase and maintain customer confidence in the entire value chain of product development, product distribution and customer advice. All types of platforms (including e.g. Office 365) are in scope.
The One Platform will be based upon the latest advances in software and infrastructure architecture including Cloud Native, Containers and Micro Services movements and related platforms and tools such as Kubernetes. We expect candidates to be both passionate about and well versed in these critical subjects.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Establish relationships with key technical and non-technical decision makers to help drive long-term cloud adoption to resolve business problems and develop impactful solutions
- Act as the technical design specialist creating and / or approving solutions designs requested by the sales team
What we would need from you:
- Good knowledge of at least one operating system: Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows. Preference is any LINUX flavored operating system (eg: Ubuntu or Red Hat) but prior experience as an administrator or architect in any of the well known operating systems is also helpful. As a Cloud Architect, you will be making decisions on whether you should be launching a 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, a 32-Bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1, or a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Base Machine Image. Therefore, you need to be familiar with these concepts and the pros and cons of using different operating systems.
- Good understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS. Is all this everyday lingo for you? Again, I suggest that you have some familiarity with these concepts before pursuing a role as a cloud architect.
- Computer Programming Languages: You will need at least a minimal understanding of a programming or scripting language. This is probably not a must, but it will definitely help.
- Security: Security in the cloud is important, and consequently, a high-level understanding of key security concepts is a must for a Cloud Architect. So, an initial knowledge of some basic security concepts such as firewalls is necessary.
- Able to evaluate information quickly, look beyond the information, gather appropriate facts and evidence and explore potential root causes before a conclusion is made.
- Proven experience in influencing for impact (be a challenger).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A desire to learn and grow, as well as a desire to help others do so.
Education / Academics
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, etc., or equivalent experience.
- Extensive technical knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud infrastructure/services and delivery models, storage concepts, networking basics, etc.
- Experience in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- A strong understanding of IT / Busines processes, challenges and issues
- Experience in performing in small teams or projects is a plus
- The following certifications are a plus: AZ-300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies, AZ-301 Microsoft Azure Architect Design
We believe that progress can only truly be progress if its cause benefits both the individual and society as a whole. Therefore, we combine the newest technologies with what we have accomplished in the century we are existing: a foundation of knowledge, expertise and independent thinking.
Open, creative and venturous
We offer a stimulating mix of entrepreneurship, creativity and team spirit. You can be yourself, you feel validated and appreciated and you know that you can make a difference if you want to.
The ultimate environment for personal growth
Here at KPMG, you will be given plenty responsibilities from the start, combined with the freedom to develop yourself, both personally and in business. We are not only offering you a job: we are offering you a career.
Additionally we are offering you:
- A competitive salary
- 30 holidays
- Freedom of choice in (most of) your work
- A laptop and iPhone which can also be used privately
- A non-contributory pension plan
- A lease car
- Discounts on insurances and tax benefits for a gym membership
- Lots of activities involving fellow KPMG colleagues, such as Friday afternoon drinks,
- leuke, sociale activiteiten met andere KPMG’ers zoals een gezellige vrijdagmiddagborrel, a ski-trip, field hockey tournament and/or volunteer work
Meer informatie en solliciteren
Would you like to know more about the vacancy or our interview procedure? Please contact Maud van Turnhout, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make sure we have a match, an assessment could be part of the procedure.
Do you also believe in people driven progress? Are you open, creative and venturous and are you looking for the ultimate environment for your growth? Apply immediately!