KPMG’s Global Security Operations Centre helps defend KPMG and its clients from cyber-attack, through timely detection, investigation and remediation of potential threats.
The purpose of the Information Security Engineer role is to ensure sound delivery of technical projects, systems and services for the GSOC. The Information Security Engineer will be responsible for customisation, maintenance and support of SIEM platform, integration with Business Intelligence and Enterprise Reporting systems and provide a mixture of project delivery, system integration, maintenance and support around its infrastructure comprising of Linux and Wintel environment, SQL, Tableau, Azure, O365 and more.
The Information Security Engineer will be part of a team working in a fast paced environment driving performance, reliability and supporting the GSOC tools (SIEM, BI, IPAM and more) and infrastructure hosted on Physical and Cloud platforms delivering SOC services.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique.
- Responsible for installation, management, maintenance and support of GSOC tools hosted on Windows/Linux platform in DataCentre, Azure andO365;
- Responsible for SIEM content management, use cases and businessobjectives;
- Co-ordinate with various vendors, other KPMG teams and business stakeholders on work related to design and setup activities at different stages of a technicalproject;
- Compile and maintain the necessary documentation of all system designs, builds and modifications;
- Responsible for coordination and delivery of user training and trainingmaterial;
- Monitor systems, identify/resolve issues, prepare status reviews and reports;
- Manage support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups are done in a timelymanner;
- Adhere to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions;
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends;
- Deliver an excellent customerservice;
- Ensure leadership are aware of all issues;
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis;
- Identify, liaise and manage any escalated faults with 3rd party suppliers for major incidents, network improvements or correction of recurringproblems;
- Ensure work is completed in such a way that complies with established compliance and other internal controlrequirements;
- Exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine actions.
- 2 + years in RSA NetWitness or IBM Qradar experience required;
- Solid understanding of log management (format, storage, transport, etc.) and different types of log sources;
- Experience with Azure and O365 management and security logging capabilities;
- Experience with content management and writing detection logic on SIEM platforms;
- Scripting or programming experience in Python/Java/Lua/Bash/Powershell;
- In depth knowledge of Linux OS and Windows OS;
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities in common operating systems, web and applications, including knowledge of remediation procedures;
- Solid technical background in a hosted services environment - physical and cloud infrastructure, networks, hardware and software;
- Experience with configuring and using automated monitoring tools;
- Experience integrating on premise and cloud solutions (Hybrid Azure Infrastructure);
- Excellent written and oral communications. Experience working with vendors and various solution providers;
- Demonstrated ability to document processes and procedures.
KPMG is an international network of companies with personal attention for employees. We have a strong market position. Our people work closely together on a daily basis in a pleasant and stimulating environment where we provide services to domestic and international clients. Personal development is central to KPMG. Through targeted training, education and coaching, we help our employees to excel and get the best out of themselves.
We offer you an excellent package of primary and secondary benefits (laptop, smartphone, reimbursement of expenses and non-contributory pension), which are tailored to the latest developments in the market.
Meer informatie en solliciteren
For more information about the application procedure, you can contact the responsible recruiter. Apply directly? Then click on the 'apply' button below