Climate change is a key driver when it comes to reshaping the business landscape, affecting financial performance and defining long-term business value. KPMG advises companies to turn risks into opportunities and develop sustainable business models that embed environmental, social and economic principles at strategic, managerial and operational levels while meeting stakeholder’s expectations. Both companies as well as governments across the world use our experience to better understand and address climate change impacts.
At KPMG Sustainability, we work together on a daily basis in a team of around 40 professionals. And we have the ambition to keep growing, as the awareness around climate change is also increasing and therefore the demand for our services. We want to attract people who, just like us, are passionate about dealing with climate change with a business mindset.
We are looking for a manager who can help us to strengthen and expand the team.
As a Manager Climate Change Advisory, you will have the opportunity to develop your experience and expertise by managing and executing projects for renowned clients and further develop our service package. You are passionate about issues of climate change mitigation and/or adaption and you have affinity with environmental risk management and green growth.
You can expect, among other things, the following activities:
- You identify risks and opportunities related to climate change and turn them into relevant business opportunities
- You analyze carbon footprints and advise companies on how to improve data quality and reduce their footprint
- You analyze different options (including technical feasibility, cost and ease of implementation) for climate change mitigation and adaptation
- You manage advisory teams and lead various consultancy assignments related to climate change and other topics
- You write tenders, contribute to business development, act as knowledge manager on climate change and carbon accounting, and maintain contacts with various stakeholders associated with climate change initiatives
Together with colleagues from different countries and departments of KPMG you work towards building market relations and serving customers. The function offers plenty of opportunity for both personal and professional growth. We create the right environment for you to be able to boost your own development.
- You have a profound knowledge of carbon footprint databases and services, including: project- and corporate-based carbon accounting standards and global carbon reporting standards (CDP, GHG protocol);
- You have experience in climate change related or energy transition advisory projects (e.g. related to TCFD, ETS)
- You have completed an academic education in a relevant, technical field like mechanical, chemical or environmental engineering, environmental sciences or climate-change related disciplines.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience in advisory, preferably in the field of corporate sustainability, engineering or climate change mitigation and adaption;
- You have experience with relevant technological solutions, technical processes (renewable energy production, green power products) and information management systems because you’ve developed or worked with them;
- You are hands-on, strong in project management, have excellent advisory and business development skills and the desire to lead a wide range of consultancy assignments;
- You are able to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and team members alike;
- The location of the function is Amstelveen and you are prepared to travel.
In addition to excellent primary and secondary employment conditions, KPMG offers you a wide range of challenges. Our biennial study shows that KPMG people are proud and satisfied, amongst other reasons because of plentiful development possibilities, commitment, respectful cooperation, good rewards and a pleasant balance between work and private life. With us you get an excellent package of primary and secondary terms of employment (a lease car, 30 days' holiday, a laptop, a smartphone, an expense allowance and a premium free pension), tailored to the latest developments in the market.
Meer informatie en solliciteren
You can contact Nadine Levin, Recruiter IT Risk & Compliance by calling +31206 567748. Alternatively, you can apply directly via the application form. Screening is part of the application process. An individual assessment can be part of the application procedure.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.