Climate change is a key driver when it comes to reshaping the business landscape, affecting financial performance and defining long-term business value. KPMG advises companies to turn risks into opportunities and develop sustainable business models that embed environmental, social and economic principles at strategic, managerial and operational levels while meeting stakeholder’s expectations. Both companies as well as governments across the world use our experience to better understand and address climate change impacts.
At KPMG Sustainability, we work together on a daily basis in a team of around 40 professionals. And we have the ambition to keep growing, as the awareness around climate change is also increasing and therefore the demand for our services. We want to attract people who, just like us, are passionate about dealing with climate change with a business mindset.
We are looking for a manager who can help us to strengthen and expand the team.
As a Manager Climate Change Advisory, you will have the opportunity to develop your experience and expertise by managing and executing projects for renowned clients and further develop our service package. You are passionate about issues of climate change mitigation and/or adaption and you have affinity with environmental risk management and green growth.
You can expect, among other things, the following activities:
- You identify risks and opportunities related to climate change and turn them into relevant business opportunities
- You analyze carbon footprints and advise companies on how to improve data quality and reduce their footprint
- You analyze different options (including technical feasibility, cost and ease of implementation) for climate change mitigation and adaptation
- You manage advisory teams and lead various consultancy assignments related to climate change and other topics
- You write tenders, contribute to business development, act as knowledge manager on climate change and carbon accounting, and maintain contacts with various stakeholders associated with climate change initiatives
Together with colleagues from different countries and departments of KPMG you work towards building market relations and serving customers. The function offers plenty of opportunity for both personal and professional growth. We create the right environment for you to be able to boost your own development.
- You have a profound knowledge of carbon footprint databases and services, including: project- and corporate-based carbon accounting standards and global carbon reporting standards (CDP, GHG protocol);
- You have experience in climate change related or energy transition advisory projects (e.g. related to TCFD, ETS)
- You have completed an academic education in a relevant, technical field like mechanical, chemical or environmental engineering, environmental sciences or climate-change related disciplines.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience in advisory, preferably in the field of corporate sustainability, engineering or climate change mitigation and adaption;
- You have experience with relevant technological solutions, technical processes (renewable energy production, green power products) and information management systems because you’ve developed or worked with them;
- You are hands-on, strong in project management, have excellent advisory and business development skills and the desire to lead a wide range of consultancy assignments;
- You are able to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and team members alike;
- The location of the function is Amstelveen and you are prepared to travel.
We believe that progress can only truly be progress if it’s cause benefits both the individual and society as a whole. Therefore, we combine the newest technologies with what we have accomplished in the century we are existing: a foundation of knowledge, expertise and independent thinking.
Open, creative and venturous
We offer a stimulating mix of entrepreneurship, creativity and team spirit. You can be yourself, you feel validated and appreciated and you know that you can make a difference if you want to.
The ultimate environment for personal growth
Here at KPMG, you will be given plenty responsibilities from the start, combined with the freedom to develop yourself, both personally and in business. We are not only offering you a job: we are offering you a career.
Additionally we are offering you:
- A competitive salary
- 30 days of holiday leave
- Flexibility in employment terms & conditions
- A laptop and iPhone which can also be used privately
- A non-contributory pension plan
- A lease car
- Discounts on insurances and tax benefits for a gym membership
- Lots of activities involving fellow KPMG colleagues, such as Friday afternoon drinks, a ski-trip or doing voluntary work
Meer informatie en solliciteren
Would you like to know more about the vacancy or our interview procedure? Please contact Rebecca Schouten, Recruiter at email@example.com
To make sure you and KPMG are the right match, an assessment is part of the procedure.
Do you also believe in people driven progress? Are you open, creative and venturous and are you looking for the ultimate environment for your growth? Apply immediately!