KPMG advises companies that plan proactively for the growing importance of supply chain transparency due to increased regulation, needs of customers, consumers, investors and the demand for better risk management in food safety, human rights and the environment. More and more companies have strong ambitions to make their chain fully or partially transparent, to be able to track raw materials from the farmer to the consumer and to be able to communicate with customers and consumers while strongly mitigating costs. Due to increasing complexity and a jungle of technological solutions these challenges are gaining momentum: as a consequence, the demand for our services in this area is constantly growing. At KPMG, consultants from various disciplines (IT, procurement, strategy, supply chain, block chain, sustainability and business assurance) work together to determine the right level of ambition for supply chain transparency, identify costs and develop strategies. This helps to manage data and guide companies in the choice and implementation of the right technology. Click here for more information about KPMG's supply chain transparency services.
We are looking for a manager who can help us to strengthen and expand the team.
As a Supply Chain Transparency Manager, you will have the opportunity to develop your experience and expertise by managing and executing projects for renowned clients and further develop our service package. You are passionate about business processes, supply chain management (SCM), IT solutions for supply chain transparency (data & analytics, specialized software, block chain technology) and you have affinity with the FMCG sector and / or the agricultural supply chain.
You can expect, among other things, the following activities:
- You identify opportunities for improvement of strategy, processes, the use of technology and risk management
- You map out chains, analyze the costs of transparency, advise on which data should and should not be shared and advise on the technology to be used.
- You help clients with the design and implementation of end-to-end solutions for supply chain visibility, traceability and transparency (including issuing the associated software licenses).
- You manage advisory teams and lead various consultancy assignments related to supply chain transparency and other topics
- You write tenders, contribute to business development and maintain contacts with various software suppliers and other partners
Together with colleagues from different countries and departments of KPMG you work towards building market relations and serving customers. The function offers plenty of opportunity for both personal and professional growth. We create the right environment for you to be able to boost your own development.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in business, preferably in the field of supply chain transparency, for example in IT consultancy with a specialized software supplier, in the food industry, trade in (agricultural) raw materials or certification;
- You understand the complexity of global supply chains;
- You have experience with relevant technological solutions (industry standards, software, block chain (like) solutions, data & analytics) because you’ve developed or worked with them;
- You have completed an academic education in a relevant field like (technical) business administration, information technology, or logistics management;
- You are analytically and conceptually strong;
- You are proficient in data analysis and preferably have experience with financial modelling and statistics;
- You are hands-on, strong in project management, have excellent advisory skills and the desire to lead a wide range of consultancy assignments;
- You are skilled in multiple languages, including Dutch and English;
- The location of the function is Amstelveen and you are prepared to travel.
We believe that progress can only truly be progress if it’s cause benefits both the individual and society as a whole. Therefore, we combine the newest technologies with what we have accomplished in the century we are existing: a foundation of knowledge, expertise and independent thinking.
Open, creative and venturous
We offer a stimulating mix of entrepreneurship, creativity and team spirit. You can be yourself, you feel validated and appreciated and you know that you can make a difference if you want to.
The ultimate environment for personal growth
Here at KPMG, you will be given plenty responsibilities from the start, combined with the freedom to develop yourself, both personally and in business. We are not only offering you a job: we are offering you a career.
Additionally we are offering you:
- A competitive salary
- 30 days of holiday leave
- Flexibility in employment terms & conditions
- A laptop and iPhone which can also be used privately
- A non-contributory pension plan
- A lease car
- Discounts on insurances and tax benefits for a gym membership
- Lots of activities involving fellow KPMG colleagues, such as Friday afternoon drinks, a ski-trip or doing voluntary work
Meer informatie en solliciteren
Would you like to know more about the vacancy or our interview procedure? Please contact Rebecca Schouten, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
To make sure you and KPMG are the right match, an assessment is part of the procedure.
Do you also believe in people driven progress? Are you open, creative and venturous and are you looking for the ultimate environment for your growth? Apply immediately!