The ultimate vision for KPMG is that member firms and their customers will access IT functionality through the One Platform, which is KPMG’s tailored and secured implementation of (at present) Microsoft Azure. The One Platform is expected to develop into a multi Cloud environment (AWS, Google, Alibaba, etc.). This approach will ensure local and global agility, quality, security and consistency. Providing access to advanced computing power and significantly streamlining development and deployment efforts at both the global and country levels.
The Operations Manager is accountable for managing the day-to-day activities of a virtual and cross functional team of operations resources. He or she will ensure the right level of processes, procedures and documentation are in place to maintain steady state. He or she is accountable for the ISO and SOC2 certifications and ensures full awareness against processes and procedures, initiate mitigation and reports towards potential risks. As an Operations Manager, you will ensure the team works within agreed guidelines and you identify areas for improvements in both the processes and technical solutions within their scope, particularly related to standardization and automation.
You will (be)...
- Responsible for day to day management and support of all activities related to the 24/7 operations of Cloud Central services;
- Accountable for the team performance according to agreed OLAs/ SLAs and to provide management input for all operational reporting.
- Operate the functional landing platform with cloud native operational procedures, with limited manual activities (strive to 100% automation);
- Responsible for coordination of resource assignment and priorities within the Cloud Central operations team to ensure support and maintenance of all cloud services according to agreed service level objectives;
- Responsible for tracking and utilization reporting of critical IT assets within cloud infrastructure service throughout the hosting environments;
- Maintaining high quality of any data relating to all cloud central services and resources, including accurate CMDB records, time reporting, and all attributes, such as tagging, which support indisputable recharding of Cloud Services;
- Accountable for leading operational and supplier escalations, being the point of contact for support. And / or facilitate critical incident escalation activities where required;
- Responsible for maintaining proactive working relationship with the business functions, Delivery teams, Service and Product teams to ensure the smooth transition of applications and services into operations;
- Accountable for ensuring the quality and relevance of the operational documentation for all processes and procedures supporting Cloud Central operations and ensuring that all technical artifacts required to implement infrastructure solutions are developed, reviewed and approved;
- Accountable for enhancing system and service end-to-end monitoring of applications, environments and infrastructure services.
- Acting as a promoter and guardian of Global Standards and standard infrastructure services and solutions;
- Experienced in Agile / Scrum and DevOps concepts;
- Participating in vendor selection, acquisition, negotiations and contract renewal and maintenance.
- An experienced manager, able to lead and mentor a multi-discipline virtual team in a multi-cultural and multi-vendor environment, and work with teams spread across various geographical locations;
- An fluent English speaker who posesses the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, albeit with staff, managers, executives and/or business representatives;
- Capable of managing resources in a fast moving environment and on projects with evolving requirements and accelerated timelines;
- Experienced in deploying and supporting large scale infrastructures and applications;
- Demonstrably skilled in the understanding of ITIL processes, Modern Service Management (born in the cloud operational concepts) SLA’s and KPI’s, cost of service and Risk and security;
- A strong coordinator and project managemer, enabling you to coordinate team tasks and understand full project cycles for supporting deployment projects;
- Experienced with Infrastructure enterprise technologies (such as Microsoft Azure Cloud) and have a strong understanding of technology architecture in an enterprise environment;
- Able to apply standardized project control mechanisms (e.g., planning, progress tracking, estimating and budgeting, resource planning and allocation, issue and risk management, process improvement);
- Able to thrive in a high pressure, business critical, operational environment;
- A team player who values honesty and transparence, credits others and is willing to share success.
Education / Academics:
- Infrastructure experience and knowledge including a basic understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud infrastructure/services and delivery models, storage concepts, networking basics, etc.;
- Professional IT Qualifications in related products;
- Operating Models, MOM/ITIL, Cloud native processes ( Modern Service Management / Cloud Center of Excellence born in the Cloud concepts);
- Lean/Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies;
- Affinity with frameworks, change and organizational sensitivity;
- Microsoft Azure certifications is a strong plus.
This fulltime role comes with a very complete set of both primary and secundary benefits such as a laptop, a mobile phone, reimbursement of travel expenses and contributory pension, to name a few. Your compensation will depend on both your age and your experience. You will be based in Amstelveen.
Meer informatie en solliciteren
For more information, please contact Maud van Turnhout, Recruitment Advisor.