Global Procurement (GP) provides procurement services to both KPMG International (KPMGI) and to member firms in situations where goods and/or services are being procured for multiple member firms.
Who are we?
Global Procurement focuses on driving a competitive commercial edge in contractual arrangements with KPMG’s suppliers while simultaneously managing reputational, commercial and contractual risk including:
- Supporting the KPMG Procurement Leadership Forum, consisting of the US, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, Italy, Spain, France, India, Canada, Brazil and KPMG International, in collectively defining and deploying best practices in procurement policies, processes, frameworks and toolkits.
- Aggregating the demand of planned purchases of goods and services across the network (KPMGI and member firms) and leveraging this scale to negotiate competitive contracts with third parties.
- Providing strategic sourcing services to key functional groups in KPMGI (e.g., Global IT Services, Global L&D, Global Collaboration & Knowledge, Global PPC, Global Marketing & Communications), in partnership with the International Office of the General Counsel (IOGC), Information Protection Group, Independence, Information Security & Risk, to enter into contractual relationships with third parties.
Global Procurement endeavors to drive a relentless focus on quality and excellent service, aligning its efforts on KPMG’s strategic priorities, and building a culture, wherein, working shoulder-to-shoulder in true partnership with our stakeholders is the norm not the exception.
About the role:
The Manager, Global Procurement (Services Procurement) reports to the Senior Manager, Global Procurement (Services Procurement) and is responsible for supporting the development and execution of the category plans for the assigned high value/high complexity and high risk category/categories. This role will focus in particular on Application Development and Application Maintenance (ADAM), other categories under Services Procurement include Professional Services and Business Process Outsourcing, and Contingent Labor). This role also leads the contractual and commercial negotiations with third parties on medium complexity/medium risk transactions and supports the negotiations on high value/high complexity/high risk transactions for the assigned category/categories.
This role is also responsible for:
• Driving a competitive commercial edge in contractual arrangements with KPMG’s suppliers
• Delivering on annual procurement savings targets
• Clearly defining and managing the recharge mechanisms with member firms
The typical challenges experienced by a Manager in the Global Procurement group are related to the above coordination and planning that is required to take a request through the due diligence, sourcing planning and delivery, and contract negotiation process. Global Procurement has a Standard Operating Process (SOP) that is used to guide the GP team members through the process, and there are escalations built into our SOP in the event the Manager reaches points where they need support and intervention to resolve.
Another challenge is related to Global Procurement’s transformation which is under way. Global Procurement is in the midst of our transformation into a mature strategic, category structured organization which delivers real value to the KPMG network. Typical challenges come from this in that GP team members are encouraged to challenge the status quo, to ask the tough questions, and to directly contribute to the achievement of our vision in an environment where we are in the midst of designing, developing, and implementing the systems, tools, and processes to enable our change.
- Based in The Netherlands;
- Certified Procurement professional qualifications are desirable. For example: NEVI, (CSCP), (CPIM), (APICS), (CPSM), (ISM), The SCPro™ from (CSCMP), The Complete Skilled Negotiator™
- Be reasonably experienced (at least 3-5 years) in Service Procurement category/categories and particularly Application Development and Application Maintenance (ADAM), Professional Services and Business Process Outsourcing, and Contingent Labor)
- Understand supplier management (managing technical, schedule, commercial, and terms and conditions compliance)
- Have knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Have sound commercial and contractual acumen - Be able to draft and negotiate strong contracts
- Able to assess and understand legal, data protection and security & risk implications
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong experience in both application development and maintenance
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
We believe that progress can only truly be progress if its cause benefits both the individual and society as a whole. Therefore, we combine the newest technologies with what we have accomplished in the century we are existing: a foundation of knowledge, expertise and independent thinking.
Open, creative and venturous
We offer a stimulating mix of entrepreneurship, creativity and team spirit. You can be yourself, you feel validated and appreciated and you know that you can make a difference if you want to.
The ultimate environment for personal growth
Here at KPMG, you will be given plenty responsibilities from the start, combined with the freedom to develop yourself, both personally and in business. We are not only offering you a job: we are offering you a career.
Additionally we are offering you:
- A competitive salary
- 30 holidays
- Freedom of choice in (most of) your work
- A laptop and iPhone which can also be used privately
- A non-contributory pension plan
- A lease car
- Discounts on insurances and tax benefits for a gym membership
- Lots of activities involving fellow KPMG colleagues, such as Friday afternoon drinks,
- leuke, sociale activiteiten met andere KPMG’ers zoals een gezellige vrijdagmiddagborrel, a ski-trip, field hockey tournament and/or volunteer work
Meer informatie en solliciteren
Would you like to know more about the vacancy or our interview procedure? Please contact Maud van Turnhout, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make sure we have a match, an assessment could be part of the procedure.
Do you also believe in people driven progress? Are you open, creative and venturous and are you looking for the ultimate environment for your growth? Apply immediately!