The Support Engineer - Microsoft System Center is primarily focused on worldwide infrastructural and operational support. The engineer will play a lead role in operational infrastructure issues, representing the Global Operations Team. The Support Engineer is responsible for maintaining and improving operational steady state of the SCCM infrastructure which is utilized by member firms for server deployment.
Role and responsibilities
- Act as a subject matter expert for Microsoft System Center
- Work with outsource providers and development teams to provide guidance to meet quality expectations
- Assist in the translation of business needs into product management roadmaps
- Act as a promoter and guardian of Global Standards
- Contribute to the operational steady state
- Serve as the escalation level support for problem analysis and resolution.
- Management of operational issues
- Management of small projects to enhance the environment
- Escalation point for providing 24*7 support in an on-call rotation model
- Takes firm and decisive action when a situation requires intervention
- Makes decisions independently, without unnecessarily referring to others and with minimal management supervision
- Shows and instills enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results
- Encourages others to maintain a consistent and steady motivation or pace
- Consults others regularly on matters relevant to them
- Celebrates success at work appropriately
- Balances a concern for tasks with consideration for others
- Initiates smarter ways of working by making improvements to processes and looking for efficiency enhancements
- Provides clear rationale and supporting data to justify recommended solutions
- Considers the practicalities and costs involved when proposing a solution to a problem
- Identifies and assigns roles and responsibilities so that the best service possible is delivered to the client
- Manages conflicting demands and priorities
- Manages client expectations over level and speed of services
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization.
- Strong understanding of technology architecture in an enterprise environment.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural and multi-vendor environment in a multi-discipline team in multiple country locations with sound knowledge in building effective working relationships.
- Documented understanding of ITIL processes, SLA’s and KPI’s, cost of service and Risk and security
- Coordination and project management skill in order to coordinate team tasks and has understanding of full project cycle to support deployment projects.
- Solid knowledge of infrastructure enterprise technologies such as network components LAN and WAN, datacenter technology, storage and servers, cloud, authentication solutions.
- 12+ years working with the deployment of MS-SCCM in large enterprise organizations as an SCCM administrator of the topology.
- 4+ year’s knowledge of Microsoft products like Internet Information Server, SQL Server, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint Server, Office, Active Directory, Certificates, PKI, Virtualization, SAML, OAuth, network protocols and routing and network components.
- Working knowledge of Firewall and load balancer technologies, Virtualization solution, and storage is considered a plus.
We believe that progress can only truly be progress if its cause benefits both the individual and society as a whole. Therefore, we combine the newest technologies with what we have accomplished in the century we are existing: a foundation of knowledge, expertise and independent thinking.
Open, creative and venturous
We offer a stimulating mix of entrepreneurship, creativity and team spirit. You can be yourself, you feel validated and appreciated and you know that you can make a difference if you want to.
The ultimate environment for personal growth
Here at KPMG, you will be given plenty responsibilities from the start, combined with the freedom to develop yourself, both personally and in business. We are not only offering you a job: we are offering you a career.
Additionally we are offering you:
- A competitive salary
- 30 holidays
- Freedom of choice in (most of) your work
- A laptop and iPhone which can also be used privately
- A non-contributory pension plan
- A lease car
- Discounts on insurances and tax benefits for a gym membership
- Lots of activities involving fellow KPMG colleagues, such as Friday afternoon drinks.
Meer informatie en solliciteren
Please apply via the button below. For questions, please contact the dedicated Recruitment Advisor, Maud van Turnhout at firstname.lastname@example.org.